Drone Laws - Bahamas
The Bahamas Civil Aviation
Proposed Regulations from 2015:
Unmanned & Remotely Piloted Aircraft (applicable to the use of all unmanned and/or remotely piloted aircraft weighing less than 15 kg when used for recreational or hobby activities.Documentation and process:
- All Drones need to be Registered/notify the Authorities before arriving.
- Insurance and license needed for drones >15kg
- Maintain an unobstructed visual line of sight view of the aircraft and not operate that aircraft higher than 400 feet from the surface
- Flying around people: operator or pilot of an aircraft shall maintain, from any person, at least: 50 feet laterally andb100 feet vertically.
- No night flying
- No flying within 8km of aerodrome
Foreign Operators: http://www.bcaa.gov.bs/public/downloads/proposed/020_SCH_BCAD_ForeignOperators_2015.pdf
General Policies, Procedures & Definitions:
Good to know: Duty tax may be charged to bring in your drone! Visitors have a $100 exemption with drones potentially charged at a duty rate of 70% +7.5% VAT. Be sure to check before travel!